Isaiah 40:31

Isaiah 40:31 "But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint."

Thursday, June 26, 2014

The Lord Rebuke You!

I have sinned, please forgive me Lord!.  I have let Satan derail me from my writing.  The usual stuff:  "no one can benefit from what you have to say", "you are to busy right now", "God can reach people without you", "you'll never be published anyway"......   THE LORD REBUKE  YOU SATAN!  GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN!  JUST GO AWAY!  I am back to stay now!  God has sent some very special people into my life.  Summer arrived, and I finally joined our Wednesday bible study at church (I am a teacher and thought I was just to busy during the school year).  I have been rewarded with an awesome group of friends!  We are studying what God says about the talents he has blessed us with and using what he gave us to serve Him and devote our lives to His work...  go figure.  I admitted running from years of be called to write.  God is using them to keep me on track.  Last night we discussed God's intentions for us, Christ's example, and the ways Satan derails us from God's work.  We did an activity based out on Ephesians 6:16 (NLT)”In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil.”  We used a cheap child’s toss game that includes Velcro shields and tennis balls that stick to the shields.  The balls represent the devil’s fiery arrows (or his squirrels as I referred to them in earlier entries) and the shields are used to block them.  As we blocked the ‘arrows’ we said “the Lord rebuke you”, or “get thee behind me Satan”, or I capture these thoughts in the name of the Lord!” – when we threw the ball we would give an example of an arrow Satan uses against us, like: ‘you are not good enough’, ‘you are to busy’, ‘it’s just one time’,  ‘everyone else does it’, ‘no one cares’, ‘just a few more minutes, ‘ you are just a druggy’, ‘no one cares what you have to say’, ‘who do you think YOU are’, etc.  It was great practice for life.  The Lord will lift you up and stand you firm if you stand in his name!  Anything is possible with God!
I also want to let you know just how hard Satan has worked against me today.  First, my internet would not work, I got that going, then I was referencing a bible verse and my internet froze up in a place where I could not even access what I was typing !  I did a few morning things – and told Satan he would not win – and continued to check on my internet connection.  Then, inspired by my husband, finished on a word document to cut and paste when the internet is working again.  I also realized I should type all my entries on a word document so I have them and the connection is not such a bid deal.  Thank you Lord, for turning away Satan’s arrows today.  Please keep me on solid ground!
What are your arrows from Satan?  What is your plan for defeating them?  Be sure to ask God.

No comments:

Post a Comment