Isaiah 40:31

Isaiah 40:31 "But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint."

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Focus on the Son rise






The other day I was driving to work.  Before the time-change this fall I used to drive to work during sunrise – I miss that.  I should go to work an hour early just to watch the sunrise each day… but that’s not my point today.  Anyhow, it was a foggy morning, the light was dim and the sun was struggling to give its light to the world (yes you may see where I am going with this, but read on).  I saw what appeared to be little pink clouds zooming across the sky.  It really looked like they were floating by on some upper atmospheric air current, and they were pink!  It was cool.  I thought, ‘that’s awesome God, thank you for letting me see that!’  Then I noticed something, it wasn’t the clouds that were moving, it was bits of fog.  I realized what I was actually seeing was bits and pieces of a gorgeous and breathtaking sunrise that was hidden by the fog.  What I, at a quick glance, had thought to be moving pink clouds was actually holes in the fog, through the holes I could see this amazing color filled sunrise, the fog was actually hiding it from me, I was only receiving small bits and tastes of the glory behind the fog.
We don’t receive God’s full light.  How can God give his light to the world if we don’t even notice its missing?  How can God light our path if we aren’t even looking for it?  If I had glanced at the pink clouds and said – oh cool – and went on worrying about what I would need to do first at school that day – I would have missed the awesome sunrise – I would never had realized it was even there.  Think of that with a different homophone – I would have missed the awesome Son rise…   What is forever, what is beautiful, is an eternity with God – focus on God, don’t be turned by world, focus on God so your place in eternity is secure, brush away the fog and see the true beauty that God has in store, brush away the daily trials, and issues, and take a look at the majesty that IS God.   That is the true beauty of life; serve him, not the world.  Serve him and SEE the Son rise.
Psalm 37:5 Commit everything you do to the Lord.  Trust him and he will help you.
The fog is our daily lives, our worries, our business, our little ‘water cooler’ trials.  It’s all the little things that bring our focus to earth. 
Matthew 11:28 - 30  Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
We get so caught up in the world that we miss reality.  Our time here is from God, our time here is fleeting.  We can’t take all our amassed ‘things’ with us when we die.  All of our ‘big deals’ and ‘I can’t believe she said that’s’ are going to be forgotten in a week.  The rough time or trial we are experiencing now will be gone and just a memory in a week or year.  Some things may still hurt, but they will still be a memory.  If we keep our focus on God, if we live for him and follow his way, we will still have these trials, but he will guide us through them.  If we give our worries to him, they won’t be worries anymore.  If we recognize the sunrise on the horizon for what it is, and not get caught up in the fog, we will be blessed with the glory of God.  If we recognize the Son rise for what it is, and not get caught up in the things of this world, we will be blessed with the GLORY of GOD!
Romans 12:2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment