Isaiah 40:31

Isaiah 40:31 "But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint."

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

God's Grace and Peace in All Situations

Today, was a day.

A day that makes you want to go back to bed and never come out.
 I had to go to Lincoln for a few appointments.  No worries there.  During a gap of time between appointments, my son and I decided to 'kill some time' at Target.  Didn't buy anything, just looked around, tried on clothes that didn't fit right, and headed for the car.  Half way through the parking lot... "Where are my keys?"  No keys in the pockets, no keys visible in the car.  I didn't not get out of the car right after parking it... those are the times I am most likely to leave my keys behind...  No keys in the dressing room, no keys in the store at ALL, no keys at the service desk...  No spare key hiding under the car.  Call a locksmith - don't want to ask husband to take time from his day to drive 2 hours to help me, I can deal with this myself, besides the keys are probably in car.  Prices start at $20, should be okay.  Locksmith comes, unlocks car, wants $120!!!  I do not have $120, locksmith takes $80.  Now, I have no money, AND the keys were NOT in the car.  Missed appointment, have to reschedule for later in afternoon.  Husband drives up anyway and gives me spare key.

We went to lunch (hubby paid - I had no money), and 'killed some MORE time' - keeping close track of my key.  Went to rescheduled appointment (received more money than I had planned on - that was good)!  Called my principal to let him know I lost a key ring with keys to the school on it... Left town... Target called --- they found my keys!!!!  Blessings!  Called principal back with the good news.  Turned around and went back to Target (in the middle of town) to retrieve the keys!  As we were pulling into the parking lot "Scrape, thump, thump" says my car.  Turn into a parking stall, "scrape, thump, thump" says my car.  Now what...  now nothing, there are no visible issues with the car...  Got the keys.  Headed for home - with occasional sounds from my car, coupled with stops to circle the car and look underneath - we made it safely home....

$80 and several hours later... what is my point and what did I learn?

1) Stay calm.
2) Let others help you (letting my husband come up the first time -like he wanted to- would have saved me $80!).
3) Let God have your worries and accept his peace!
4) Locksmiths are a last resort - and it is okay to cry in front of them when they overcharge you.
5) Focus on the blessings and see the humor in the rest!!!
6) DON'T CARRY YOUR KEYS THROUGH THE STORE!!!  THAT IS WHAT POCKETS ARE FOR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment