Isaiah 40:31

Isaiah 40:31 "But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint."

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Healing: body and soul



At the beginning of summer, my dear friend Truck, got spooked and sent me sailing through the air (I got bucked off a horse).  I actually planned my decent a little more than you would think – I bailed in the safest place and way I could conjure in that intense moment.  I don’t know how I landed; I was very focused on rolling away from the eight excited horse hooves and getting to my feet.  Once on my feet and both horses were under control, I checked myself over and was rather disappointed to see my wrist was double its normal size…  Yes indeed, I broke it.  It was actually two minor fractures, one on the end of each arm bone.  The Dr. said it should be healed up in a month or so and I would know it was healed because I could put pressure on it and it will not hurt.
So, the fracture is healed now, but still not normal.  It still hurts if I twist my wrist or flex it too far.  I still wear a brace most of the time.  Today is the first day it has felt painless while typing…  I can use it to cut my fried egg, I can use it to brush my teeth – but it is still twingy and I can feel it is not back to normal when I do those simple things.  I tried to grab the full coffee pot this morning; I almost scalded myself with that pot of coffee – to soon, to heavy.
The whole healing of bones is just like the healing of our heart when something bad happens in our lives.  The process is slow, it send you arrows of pain when you least expect it, we need support and braces around it.  And if we jump in without support, and convince ourselves we are fine – we will be scalded. While we will one day return to normal functioning, things will never be as they were before… 
But that is the key.  Someday we will return to normal functioning.  God will provide healing; he is there to support us all the way.  He gives us hope for our futures.  Romans 8:24-25 For in this hope we were saved.  But hope that is seen is no hope at all.  Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.  Someday the pain will be a memory, life goes on, and God goes with us.  I know things aren’t the same, everything that happens in our life changes us and mold us – just be sure the changes strengthen your faith and relationship with God.  Stick to prayer.  Stick to hope.
Psalm 119: 142,143 Your justice is eternal, and your instructions are perfectly true.  As pressure and stress bear down on me, I find joy in your commands.
Psalm 119:49,50 Remember your promise to me; it is my only hope.  Your promise revives me; it comforts me in all my troubles.
Acts 3:16 Through faith in the name of Jesus, this man was healed- and you know how crippled he was before.  Faith in Jesus’ name has healed him before your very eyes.
James 4:7,8 So humble yourselves before God.  Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.  Come close to God, and God will come close to you…
“Come close to God, and God will come close to you”… ‘nough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment