Isaiah 40:31

Isaiah 40:31 "But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint."

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Why even think about it? God will tell you what to write.




I was lying on the floor after my daily stretching thinking, ‘what should I write about it today?’  I do this a lot before I sit down to type.  But I don’t know why.  As I was mulling over possible topics or stories or bible verses and thinking, ‘maybe… or maybe…’ the thought came to me – (more than once I might add) 'why even spend time worrying about it?  God always tells you what to write!'.   And it is true, He does.   Before I start writing every day, I pray.  I pray and ask God to be with me, to let the message he wants to convey to myself or any reader come out.  I ask Him to guide me through the process to allow the truths of His word to come through what I type.  I also ask point blank – what should I write today?  Today as I lay on the floor in my contemplations and I thought about God telling me what to write about I wondered if that itself would be my topic.  When I went to God in prayer I had forgotten all about that possible topic.  When I got around to asking him about my topic for today, that phrase popped into my head again, along with its relevance to daily life.  Along with a verse that relates: “The Lord directs our steps, so why try to understand everything along the way?” Proverbs 20:24 (NLT)
The bible is full of promises that if you trust God with your life, He will care for you.  My personal translation of that verse says “God’s driving, so just take a nap.”  NOT LITTERALLY.  You know what I mean, we don’t need to worry, we just need God.  Proverbs 16:1 “We can make our own plans, but the Lord gives us the right answer.”  Similar to what I wrote about the other day – letting go of the dead mouse that is rotting away your focus on God and your faith – that was about past events --- the same holds true for the future too!  God knows the numbers of hairs on our heads, he sees all we do, and He knows what is best for us.  IF we trust Him, He will show us the way to go; He will tell us what to do.  Just like a small child and his parents – small children are full of trust.  We expect our kids to cross the street when we say to, go to the Dr. when we say to, follow safety rules, jump into our arms from high places… God expects the same from us (DO NOT JUMP OFF OF A HIGH PLACE! He also expects us to use the brain He gave us AND not to test him, Matthew 4:7 “Jesus responded ‘ The scriptures also say ‘You must not test the Lord your God.’”).  God wants us to trust him with our lives.  He will direct our path into His will if we let Him.  Imagine what your life would be if you had let God lead you all of your life - - I can’t - - it would be too good to imagine.  

Jeremiah 32:27  I am the LORD, the God of all mankind.  Is anything too hard for me?
Isaiah 40:31  But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.  They will soar high on wings like eagles.  They will run and not grow weary.  They will walk and not faint.
Psalm 37:5 Commit everything you do to the Lord.  Trust him and he will help you.
Hebrews 11:1  Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen, it gives us assurance about things we can not see.

Mathew 17:20 “You don’t have enough faith” Jesus told them. “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain ‘move from here to there’ and it would move.  Nothing would be impossible”

Ephesians 5:17  Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do.

Philippians 4:6-7  Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.  Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.  His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 5:8 Lead me in the right path, O Lord, or my enemies will conquer me.  Make your way plain for me to follow.

Ephesians 1:19  I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe in him.

JUST TRUST

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angie - just popped over to read your post in response to your email. LOVE IT! This is exactly what we are looking for, and it seems our goals are exactly the same . . . . to share God's grace, love, and mercy with others, so I am looking forward to connecting with you very soon about your submissions for the Ruby for Women blog and magazine. So glad you contacted us! Nina @ Ruby for Women

    ReplyDelete