Isaiah 40:31

Isaiah 40:31 "But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint."

Friday, July 4, 2014

The Breath of the Lord - GIVE THANKS AND WORSHIP



Genesis 1:11  Then God said, “Let the land sprout with vegetation – every sort of seed bearing plant, and trees that grow seed bearing fruit.  These seeds will then produce the kinds of plants and trees from which they came.”  And that is what happened.



I have a job for everyone today.  Grab an old blanket, find a tall tree, and lay on the blanket beneath the tree.  Don’t talk, don’t read, just watch the leaves in the wind.  Listen to the breath of God.  Listen to the wind, and the birds, and even the bugs in their song of God’s creation.  Close your eyes and let the sun warm them.  Take off your shoes and let the grass filter in between your toes.  Soak up God’s creation, soak up his majesty.  Worship God, be in his presence, and feel Him through His work, His glory visible here on earth in His creation, the art of his loving hands.
Psalm 28:7  The Lord is my strength and shield.  I trust him with all my heart.  He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.  I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.

Luke 1:47  How my spirit rejoices in God my Savior!
Psalms 145:5  I will meditate on your majestic, glorious splendor and your wonderful miracles.

Psalms 111:2  How amazing are the deeds of the Lord!  All who delight in Him should ponder them.

God is full of power and majesty.  He has gifted us with this glorious earth.  Just as you try to make your home pleasant to those that live there – God created this earth for us.  Each turning leaf in the fall, each gentle breeze stirring your hair, each whiff of lilacs in the spring was created for you!  Worship Him, Thank Him, Love Him!!!

A bit of light reading: Job 37 and 38

No comments:

Post a Comment