Isaiah 40:31

Isaiah 40:31 "But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint."

Saturday, August 16, 2014

1 2 3 Eyes on Me



The school year has officially begun.  I am determined that you will not hear less from me!  Sorry, but that’s just the way it is!  We have a new principal at our school.  I am excited, she is fresh off of teaching in a classroom and still lives in the real world; she is doing a great job.  She began her first elementary assembly to start of the year a few days ago with a book and teaching the kids what she expects in an assembly.  She spent some time teaching them her attention getting method.  She says, “123 eyes on me!” to which the kids are to respond “1 2 eyes on you!” I thought, that’s cute, I have learned that before but had forgotten it as I have never had a large enough group of kids that required me to use a method like that.  Then I left and it was out of my mind in the hubbub of the first of the year.  

 So, I have not had a good week.  It is only my second year at this school and the other teachers still do not appear to trust me yet and really don’t seem to think I know what I am doing.  I am trying to get kids into more classes and not have them shut away from their peers so much, and others really don’t like that a lot.  Between that and the organization of a class like mine, it has been an overwhelming week.  I did as much as I could over the summer, but there is A LOT that I cannot do until I know the classroom teachers and student’s schedules.  So I have stayed late every day, worked at home until between 9 and midnight, got up and went to school early the next morning.   I ended the week with another load of work that needs done at home this weekend, and a nagging to do list in my mind of things that are priorities over the next month.  I have passed this week with tiny prayers.  A moment before I walked in a room that held conflict I would stop and whisper a prayer of guidance and strength.  I asked for help all week and muddled through.  

 Now it is Saturday, I still need to do lesson plans and prepare for next week.  But I refused to start until I took time for bible study and prayer.  In the course of this prayer I was in tears.  I asked God how I could continue to serve him in this job and keep my head above water, and keep him with me consistently and never get bogged down.   How I could keep his peace with me, in my heart all of the time, 24/7 ?!  I heard a direct reply!  It popped into my head from ‘nowhere’ and brought with it a solid wave of peace and thanksgiving!  An answer!  He said…

1 2 3 eyes on me!”…  

 1 2 3 eyes on me!  Eyes on the Lord, all day, every day!  Remember that none of this matters, none of this earthly conflict and doubt has a place in my life, or God’s purpose for me.   It is all just a hoop to jump through.  It will pass, we will fall into routine, and the only important thing at all is to keep our eyes on the Lord.  If I keep my eyes on Him, the rest will fall into place and the peace will stay with me and stay in my heart!  I hear you Lord, I hear your call!  My answer to that call is “1 2, EYES ON YOU!!!!!”  I will keep my eyes on the Lord!  And my prize, my reward for that focus and devotion is not only a seat in eternity, but peace.  God will continue to grant me peace, every day, in every way!  Peace to live my life, peace to shine forth, peace to do his will, peace to stay focused on him, peace to fulfill his purpose for me, peace.  We are definitely getting the good end of that deal!  What is the equation for happiness?  

1  2  3  EYES ON ME       +       1  2  EYES ON YOU!!!!!!!     =      PEACE


Matthew 11:28 - 30 
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

THANK YOU LORD!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Very good Angela! I really needed to hear this as im being bogged down with school and work thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete