Isaiah 40:31

Isaiah 40:31 "But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint."

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The Secret




Isaiah 40:31 Those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.  They will soar high on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary.  They will walk and not faint.

Those who trust in the Lord do have a special secret.  It really isn’t a secret at all.  It is brought up repeatedly in the bible.  It is peace.  Do you know anyone who glides through life, always happy, always at peace… I am assuming they have a great trust in the Lord.

We watched Left Behind as a family the other day.  My youngest, who is 10, was rather scared by it, until we talked it out.  I think it was a real turning point for him.  He has always loved the Lord, but when he saw people disappearing in the rapture and others being left behind – it shook him up.  We discussed the importance of being ready, that there will be no warning, it could be minutes or hundreds of years…  He is determined to be ready – no one but the Lord knows if there will be second chances or if it will happen before or after the years of tribulation.  During this discussion of the years of tribulation he was concerned about how terrible things will be.   I pointed out to him that the most important thing is to keep Jesus in your heart at all times, constantly repent if you slip, and that God knows your true heart – so you must keep your focus on him and be ready.  I also pointed out that there would be a time where anyone who did not put aside God would be killed.  I reminded him that he must NOT turn away from God, or even pretend to, even if it meant death – because if you die in that situation you will then be freed from the horror of earth and welcomed into heaven!  Death holds no power to those who trust in the Lord!  1 Corinthians 15:56  For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power.  But thank God!  He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Matthew 11:28 - 30  Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

Philippians 4:6-7  Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.  Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.  His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

This peace, God’s peace, the peace that ‘surpasses all human understanding’ is available to those who have faith, those who give their burdens to God and trust in God’s plan.  All those things that take up our time and thoughts, the things that cause us stress and worry – most of those things will just be memories a year from now, sometimes even a day or week from now…  Don’t waste the time God has given you here on earth in stress and worry, it isn’t worth it.  Just give it over to God, and accept his peace.   Serve the Lord with gladness!  I have found this week that if I do not whine about being overwhelmed or too busy, that the negativity has no place in my life.  I also have broken out the coffee and am determined to do the work that God has given me.  I am putting my writing first.  I do have stuff to do for school, but it is not as important as my bible devotion and writing time.  I need God, I need this time with him, I need his peace!  I will entrust the worries to God and take up his peace.  The work will not just disappear, but it won’t overwhelm me anymore!  God is good!  

Jeremiah 17:7 “But blessed are those who trust in the Lord
and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. 
They are like trees planted along a riverbank,
with roots that reach deep into the water.
Such trees are not bothered by the heat
or worried by the long months of drought. 
Their leaves stay green,
and they never stop producing fruit.”



Thank you Lord for giving us peace and life, thank you for the opportunities you give us to teach our children about you and ready their heart for heaven.  It is the most important job you have entrusted us with!
Thank you Father!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is always a message that needs to be heard! Thank you for the reminder of who's in charge

    ReplyDelete